Here at Lucky Onion, we make being green an important part of our business as well as a way of life, for the betterment of our planet Earth and for the future of our children. Here are just a few ways that we take part in making our Earth a greener place to live:
1) Schwan Chicken Breast? Hotty Hoody? What? You may notice the markings on our shipping boxes. No, we do not secretly work for another company. We use lightly used boxes and overages from other companies, that would otherwise have been tossed out. Furthermore, all of our packing material is either reused from packages we receive or 100% recycled papers.
2) All of our printing papers are at least 30% post consumer waste (PCW) with the majority being 40% PCW. Furthermore, our Seeded Invites line and Letterpress line use entirely eco-friendly papers. Our Seeded Invites line is comprised of 100% PCW paper, 100% biodegradable and recyclable papers embedded with wild-flower seeds, 100% Hemp Paper, and 100% recycled papers.
Our Letterpress line is 100% tree free, using 100% cotton papers.
3) We donate our overages in color cover stock to local schools for their art departments.
4) All of our internal office papers are reused on the backside before recycling.
5) 90% of all of our waste is recycled, including all glasses, plastic containers, and more.
6) All of our printer parts are recycled with the printer manufacturers.